Here’s what you need to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet:
1. Latest Operating System: Make sure you have the latest version of either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update installed on your device.
– To find out which version you have, follow these steps:
– If you need to update to the latest version, you will need to download their latest versions. Download Windows 7 SP3 ISO, Download Windows 8.1 Updated ISO.
2. Processor: Your device should have a 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC (System on a Chip).
3. RAM: Make sure you have sufficient memory. For 32-bit systems, you’ll need at least 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM, and for 64-bit systems, you’ll need at least 2 GB of RAM.
4. Hard Disk Space: Ensure that you have enough free space on your hard drive. For a 32-bit operating system, you’ll need 16 GB of available space, while for a 64-bit operating system, you’ll need 20 GB of available space.
5. Graphics Card: Your device should have a graphics card that supports DirectX 9 or later, along with a WDDM 1.0 driver.
6. Display: Your screen resolution should be at least 800 x 600 pixels.
By meeting these requirements, you’ll be ready to upgrade to Windows 10 and enjoy its features on your PC or tablet.
Windows 10 Pro System Requirements
The system requirements for Windows 10 Pro, as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, are as follows:
1. Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
2. RAM: 2 gigabytes (GB) for 64-bit or 1 GB for 32-bit
3. Hard Disk Space: 20 GB for 64-bit or 16 GB for 32-bit
4. Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
5. Display: 800×600 resolution
Please note that these are the minimum requirements, and it’s recommended to have a more powerful system for better performance, especially if you plan to run resource-intensive applications or use advanced features.